My Thoughts In My Words

A Walking Exercise That Went a Bit Too Far

♠ Posted by Abhijit Bangal in , at 3:42 AM
My evening routine is to go out for a walk in a nearby park. The park is 3-4kms from the place where I live. And it is exactly behind the historically important Ahmednagar fort. Many people come to the park for a walk from the city and the outskirts. And the city of Ahmednagar also has military camp base.
The park is indeed a huge one and falls under the army. It is looked after by the army staff. The park and the surroundings make up for some acres of land in all. Many people take rounds around the park. However, some parts of the place still remain unexplored (by me).
The walking routine is followed both by me and my wife. One day, we decided to move a bit forward towards the route that we had never ventured into. It was just out of sheer curiosity to see where the path leads. And there was another thought in mind too. How can I remain so ignorant about the route that is not too far from my place?
Have you ever experienced something that has gone a bit too far and that has come totally unexpected? Have you ever done things that you are really pessimistic about, but have had no option but to go about doing it?
We traded on the new path for about 100 meters. There was no way to get an idea of where we were going. We just kept on walking and walking. And each time there was a turn in the path, we thought it would lead us to the expected destination – the destination expected by us.
However, there was no sight of the familiar spot that we used to spend time. The picture that you can see below is the place people spend their time sitting and chatting.
At times, I thought of returning as I never knew where I would land up. But, on second thoughts, it was a curiosity to know where I would appear from. Finally, after walking about 250 to 300 meters more, I was traffic with all kinds of vehicles moving up and down the road.
This is where I felt a bit relieved as I didn’t want anything untoward to happen as I was with my wife and in a totally secluded place. And when I approached road, I found that I had come nearly 6kms from my regular spot.
There was no way out, but to walk back the entire distance. It was very tiresome indeed. But at the same time, I found it all the more exciting. The walking exercise, for once, had gone a bit too far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment